Adult mesenchymal stem cells are not known to cause cancer. Some patients have heard of stories of cancer caused by stem cells, but these are probably related to the use of embryonic cells (Not Adult Mesenchymal Cells). These embryonic tumors known as teratomas are rare but possible occurrences when embryonic cells are used.
Articles in this section
- If I bank my stem cells for future use, how many treatments will I have?
- How many stem cell injections are required for success?
- What do the costs of the stem cell therapy procedure include?
- What are the costs of consultation and treatment for stem cell therapy?
- What are some diseases that Sparrow is definitely not treating at this time with stem cell therapy?
- Does a candidate have to participate in research to receive treatment at Sparrow?
- Who decides who is eligible for stem cell therapy?
- Are any patients automatically excluded from stem cell therapy?
- Is everyone a candidate for stem cell therapy?
- How long does it take to see improvement from stem cell therapy?